Bone Marrow Stem Cell for CP

This is a general discussion forum for stem cell transplantation patients & doctors

Bone Marrow Stem Cell for CP

Postby Jude » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 am

My 11 year old son has athethoid cerebral palsy and sensorineural hearing loss due to premature birth and severe and prolonged jaundice. In December 2011 he had bone marrow stem cell treatment done in America. He is doing great now with many new gains. I would love to have this procedure done again. Will this be considered here in South Africa? I am aware that you do not have any clinical trials to show the benefits as the clinical trials on stem cell for cp are still ongoing but my son is proof to me that bone marrow stem cells are very helpful to cp kids.
regards, Jude.
Jude

Re: Bone Marrow Stem Cell for CP

Postby Jude » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am

I forgot to mention it was autologous bone marrow treatment done using bone marrow from the hip bone.
Jude

Re: Bone Marrow Stem Cell for CP

Postby marlesel » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Subject: Treatment for cerebral palsy

Hi I want to get in touch with a stem-cell treatment center in Cape Town who can treat my cerebral palsy child, age 10 years, possibly in the next 5 years with an unborn siblings stems cells.
Do you know who I can contact on this matter?
I want more information on this topic and stem cell treatment in Cape Town aimed on cerebral palsy.
Can you assist me with some contact in Cape Town?
Marlese Lenhoff, Cape Town.
marlesel

Return to Patients discussion forum